Sunday, March 1, 2015

30 Day Fitness Challenge Series: Month 2 – 30 Day Squat Challenge


Welcome back to the “30 Day Fitness Challenge Series!” I know there are still 2 days left of the “30 Day Push-Up Challenge for Beginners” but I like to start my challenges on the 1st of the month. You can start any day you want.

Speaking of the “30 Day Push-Up Challenge for Beginners” how is everyone doing? Do you feel any stronger or notice a change at all? I personally only notice a very slight change. My muscles do feel a tiny bit bigger, but the shape of my arm has not changed. To do so I will need to do more reps, include weights and other arm exercises that are meant for defining and toning.

This month we are going to start the “30 Day Squat Challenge.” This is another challenge, which is completely free for you to do. All it takes is your body and nothing else. I have done this challenge before, about 2 years ago. I can promise you that you are going to feel the burn with this one and you will see results! I lost several inches on my thighs.

You have 2 choices when it comes to this challenge, you can either do the original “30 Day Squat Challenge” or the “30 Day Squat Challenge for Beginners.”



Whichever one you choose, you will need to make sure you keep your form correct, so you do not injure yourself in any way. To do a proper squat:

  • Stand with your legs slightly wider than your hips and your toes pointed slightly out.
  •  Look straight forward the whole time. Not up at the ceiling or down at the floor.
  • Keep your body and core tight for the whole squat.
  • Your weight should be on your heels and the balls of your feet. Not on your toes.
  • As you lower your body into the squat, breath in, keep your back straight and push your butt and hips back.
  • Lower your body until your hips are parallel with your knees. Like you are going to sit in a chair. Many people, including body builders will go lower than this, which you can do if you want, but for now, let’s keep things safe and stop there.
  • Your knees should not be protruding past your toes. They should be behind your toes. Your knees should also stay lined up with your ankles. Not pointing out to the sides or in towards the middle.
  • With your body still tight, exhale and stand back up, pushing from your heels.
Congratulations, you have just completed your first squat!

If you feel unstable while doing these, place a bench or low chair behind you, so that if you lose your balance, you will land on something other than the floor. Or you can LIGHTLY hold the edge of a counter top or desk. Just don’t let the edge do the work for you. I will admit, I use a counter top to help me feel more stable while doing squats, especially since my surgery. I have horrible balance, I can trip on air, haha! Believe me, I’m not kidding.  

Good luck to everyone who participates in the challenge. If you have joined this post at a later date, please feel free to start now. You can do this challenge any month you want, starting it any day of the month you want. Also, in case you missed it, the challenge we have already done is:

Please comment below and let me know how the challenge has gone/is going for you!!

Don’t forget to write it down in your "Living Frugally, Beautifully 2015 Free Printable Calendar", so you don’t miss a day! ;)

Your Frugal Friend,
Krystal


DISCLAIMER:  I am NOT a fitness expert/professional in any way. Any of these challenges you choose to do, you are choosing to do at your own risk. I am not liable for any injuries you may incur. It is always a good idea to consult your physician before starting any new exercise regimen. Also I did not create any of these challenges and I unfortunately do not know where they originate from to give the proper credit to them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment