Sunday, January 4, 2015

52 Week Money Challenge

I hope these first few days of the New Year have been treating you well. If you read my “Happy New Year” post, you will know that I am planning on doing the “52 Week Challenge” this year. This will be my first year doing it. I have wanted to do it for several years now, but money was just too tight. It still is, but this year I am making this challenge a priority.

I have seen several versions of this challenge: The original way, starting with $1 and working up to $52. Backwards, starting with $52, and going down to $1. I have also seen a version, where you start with $2, work your way up to $52 in the middle of the year, then goes back down to $2.

I plan on trying it the original way this year. Then the other 2 ways the following 2 years, to see which version works best for us. I really like the idea of the 3rd way, because then you’re not spending as much each week right before and right after Christmas.

I have created a weekly checklist to attach to the outside of the jar I am using for the challenge. I am including a free printable copy of my checklist for you to use also. To print the checklist: Hit the "Click to Print" link below the picture and follow the link. A Windows Live OneDrive page will open, then click "Print," cut out and attach to your jar, or whatever it is your using to store your money in during the challenge.


Also, don’t forget to write reminders in your free printable 2015 Living Frugally,Beautifully planner each week, to remind you to complete your challenge for the week ;)


Good luck and happy saving! 

I would love to know if you use this printable, please let me know in the comments! Thank you so much.

Your frugal friend,
Krystal

No comments:

Post a Comment